What is CloudFlare?
CloudFlare accelerates and protects any website online. On average, a website on CloudFlare:
- Loads 2x faster
- Uses 60% less bandwidth
- Has 65% fewer requests
- And is way more secure
Who can use CloudFlare?
You can! CloudFlare is included FREE of charge with
our Regular and Premium plans and is suitable for all websites, including dynamic websites. Signing up takes less than two minutes. If you do not like the service, it takes even less time to un-signup.
Advantages of the CloudFlare system:
Performance Acceleration: CloudFlare runs a global network of over 30 data centers located throughout the world. Using this network, CloudFlare designed its next-generation CDN (Content Delivery Network). Our CDN automatically caches your static files at our edge nodes so these files are stored closer to your visitors while delivering your dynamic content directly from your web server. CloudFlare then uses a technology called Anycast to route your visitors to the nearest data center. The result is that your website, on average, loads twice as fast for your visitors regardless of where they are located.
Web content optimization: Beyond edge caching (moving static files closer to web visitors), CloudFlare improves the loading of a web page. We have several optimization features including:
- If your host offers paid CloudFlare plans, you can also get:
- Polish: Automatically applies lossless or lossy image optimization to remove unnecessary bytes from images. On average, image sizes are reduced by 35%.
- Mirage: Delivers images that are the appropriate size and resolution for the device and automatic lazy load functionality
Availability with Always Online: If your server ever goes offline, CloudFlare will serve a limited copy of your cached website to keep it online for your visitors. CloudFlare builds the Always Online version of your website, so your most popular pages are represented.
- Easy website security: Online threats range from nuisances like comment spam and excessive bot crawling to malicious attacks like SQL injection and denial of service (DOS) attacks. CloudFlare provides security protection against all of these types of threats and more to keep your website safe. CloudFlare stops web threats at the edge before they hit the origin server.
DDoS mitigation: Denial-of-service (DoS) attacks are on the rise and have evolved into complex and overwhelming security challenges for organizations large and small. Your website is automatically protected from a variety of DDoS attacks even with the CloudFlare Free plan. To get Advanced DDoS mitigation, you will need to upgrade to a paid CloudFlare plan. CloudFlares advanced DDoS protection, provisioned as a service at the network edge, matches the sophistication and scale of such threats, and can be used to mitigate DDoS attacks of all forms and sizes. To learn more, visit www.cloudflare.com/ddos.
Analytics & Reports
- Analytics & Stats: CloudFlare provides insight to your website traffic that you cant get from other analytics programs. In addition to visitor analytics, you can monitor threats and search engine crawlers. For most websites, these threats and crawlers make up 20% to 50% of traffic. Its traffic every website should understand, but most analytics services ignore. Compatible with all analytics programs including Google Analytics.
- Lower CPU Usage and Bandwidth: If you get a surge in traffic, CloudFlares CDN will absorb the effect so your server stays online. On average, you'll see 65% fewer requests to your servers and save 60% of your bandwidth, even with CloudFlares free plan.
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution